There is no deadline to register, you may register to vote up to and including the day of the election. However,if you register online the day before the election or on Election Day, your application may not be processed and your name may not appear on the checklist and you may be asked to fill out another application at the polls. To be sure your name appears on the checklist, please register by the Friday before the election.
1. Fill in all of the required fields on this application.
2. You are not registered to vote until your application is approved by the Town Clerk.
3. You should receive an acknowledgment within two to four weeks after submitting or mailing your registration. Please contact
your Town Clerk if you have not received any information within this time.
4. If you are registering to vote in Vermont for the first time, you must include a photocopy of an acceptable form of ID. Acceptable forms of ID are: ● Valid photo ID (driver’s license or passport) ● Current utility bill ● Current bank statement ● Another government document containing your residential address.
You may use this system to:
(1) register to vote in Vermont, (2) change your name and/or address on your current voter registration record.
WARNING: A person who makes false statements on this application shall be subject to federal or state criminal penalties of up to a $10,000 fine, or imprisonment for not more than 15 years, or both. (17 V.S.A. § 2145(f); 17 V.S.A. § 2011; 42 U.S.C. § 1973gg-10).